Many enterprises now think ‘cloud-first’ when it comes to their IT strategy and software footprint. Cloud adoption has increased steadily over the last decade to the point where recent surveys now show a majority of enterprises are pursuing a cloud-first and multi-cloud approach.
- 59% of North American enterprises have adopted Public Cloud Services1
- 66% of North American enterprises have adopted Private Cloud Services1
- 77% of North American enterprises are pursuing a Hybrid Cloud strategy using multiple public and private clouds for different application workloads2
- 83% Of Enterprise Workloads Will Be In The Cloud By 20203
Also not surprising, security is usually one of the top concerns for enterprises implementing their cloud strategy. When it comes to data security, of course cloud platforms and service providers continue to put a lot focus on making sure they provide comprehensive security for data that they manage and control within the confines of their platform. However, with every cloud and service provider trying to define their own security, it can lead to a patchwork of security entitlements and policies that create application-specific silos of data trust that increase development costs and ongoing support costs for IT.
And from a compliance standpoint, enterprises are left figuring out how to prove they are meeting increasingly stringent data privacy regulations across their multiple cloud solutions. This includes showing how they manage data access once data leaves the cloud provider platform.
At Ionic, we believe data privacy is a basic right and that an increasing lack of trust of internet-based technologies is now impeding business innovation as people, companies, and agencies are increasingly concerned that greater connectivity and collaboration are putting their data at risk. Machina provides cloud storage security, privacy, and accountability for distributed data in today’s borderless enterprise without proxies or gateways or changes in user behavior.
Learn about the three pillars of data trust—security, privacy, and accountability—plus how those map to capabilities of Machina to orchestrate protection, access control, and visibility across your data lifecycle, providing end-to-end data trust across multiple clouds, applications, or IoT devices, in our joint webinar featuring Forrester Research: Five Steps To A Zero Trust Security Strategy.
- Source: https://www.forrester.com/report/Adoption+Profile+Public+Cloud+In+North+America+Q2+2018/-/E-RES141975
- Source: https://www.forrester.com/report/Adoption+Profile+Private+Cloud+In+North+America+Q2+2018/-/E-RES143013
- Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2018/01/07/83-of-enterprise-workloads-will-be-in-the-cloud-by-2020/#84c0f966261a