Learning Paths - Machina Tools
Learn how to build custom applications that protect and control access to sensitive data.
Learn the five basics for building data security into your custom apps.
- Working with Device Profiles - Learn how to load profiles from a persistor and set the active profile
- Using the Agent Class - Create, initialize and a Machina agent so your application can interact with Machina
- Working with Data Protection Keys - Create, fetch, and update keys with key attributes that can be used in policy decisions
- Encrypting Data with Ionic Machina - Encrypt data with strong AES-256 encryption using Machina keys
- Machina Ciphers - Quickly encrypt data, create and update key attributes without having to reference keys explicitly
Advanced Tutorials with Code Samples
- Ionic Machina Cloud Copy Tool - Backup and protect data on AWS S3, GCS and Microsoft Azure Blob Storage using the Machina Cloud Copy Tool.
- Alternative Device Profile Storage Methods - Securely store device profiles that can be used to authenticate with Machina, and how to implement your own method for persisting profiles.
- Downloading Device Profiles - Learn how to generate and download a Secure Enrollment Profile (SEP) from the Console, then use the machina CLI to move the plaintext profile to a secured password persistor.
- Working with Default persitors - Utilize your system's security model (e.g, Apple Keychain, Windows DPAPI) to secure your device's profile.
- Working with Key Stack and Vault - Learn how to use the key stack and key vault, and use them to store keys for offline decryption later.
- Time Based Access - Learn how to use the Machina CLI and SDK to protect and send expiring messages that limit access after a specified time interval.
- Source Control Hooks - Learn how to use the machina CLI to protect secrets before they are committed to version control.
- Source Control Hooks Part II - Secure API keys that may be exposed in configuration files.
- Source Control Hooks Part III - Learn how to secure API keys used by your DevOps toolchain to build a React.js application.
- Using the Java SDK in Machina Tools on a Raspberry Pi - Protect sensitive data stored on Raspberry Pi using these step-by-step instructions.
- Raw Crypto Cipher - Learn to create custom ciphers using the Machina crypto library. Demonstrates creating and fetching keys using raw crypto calls.
- Bulk File Encryption - Learn how to use the extendable key services interface to make more efficient network calls for large encrypt operations.
- Choosing the Right Chunk Crypto Cipher - Ionic Machina's Chunk Auto ciphers enable you to quickly encrypt structured and unstructured data. Here's how to select the most performant ciphers for your needs.
- Protecting Structured Data Using JDBC and Machina Tools for Java - Learn how to add access controls to any JVM application using the Machina Java SDK.
- Protecting Log Data Using Log4j and Machina Tools – SDK - Learn how to protect and control access to sensitive log data served by Log4j 2 using this integration with the Machina Java SDK.