What is Machina?
Machina is an authorization engine with key management services that allow any developer to add high-value data security to their application with a few lines of code. With no background in cryptography, you can quickly and confidently add data access policy and management to your application that provides:
- Granular, real-time access control to protected data, using a consistent policy framework across all of your applications
- Data encryption using AES-256 CTR or GCM
- Visibility into all successful and unsuccessful access to protected data, including the full context (requesting user, device, location, application, date and time of day)
Getting to Know Machina
Machina provides a highly scalable architecture for protecting and managing access to sensitive data. The platform consists of four API collections that a developer should understand when writing a Machina application:
- Key Management: create and request symmetric keys for the protection of sensitive data (Machina currently supports AES-256 CTR or GCM symmetric encryption by default)
- Data Markings: create and modify attributes for policy comparison
- User & Policy Management: maintaining users, groups and data access policies through SCIM and XACML compliant protocols
- Analytics: access to detailed logs about the creation and consumption of Machina-protected data
Using RESTful APIs and SDKs in Machina Tools, developers can easily add data security capabilities to applications that run on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android devices using a variety of common programming languages.