Ionic Drives Customer-Managed Trust in Google Cloud
Ionic is a Launch Partner for Google Cloud’s External Key Manager
Ionic manages cloud risk and privacy by externalizing positive control over how your data, services, and workloads in Google Cloud are handled.
With this integration, Ionic Machina™ provides Google customers an unprecedented level of comfort for cloud migration and app modernization.
External encryption key management
Achieve higher levels of assurance by using external key management for access and control of your cloud data by ensuring that no single vendor has control of both the data, service, or workload and the keys to access them, enabling you to protect it from unauthorized access, misconfigured buckets, and breaches.
Attribute-based access control (ABAC)
Simplify the management of your shared responsibility security obligations by consistently implementing contextual, attribute-based access control (ABAC) policy rules across all your applications, repositories, and workloads.
Real-time policy enforcement
Enforce access policy decisions based on context and attributes, and policy rule changes in real-time across your data, service, or workload in the cloud. Advanced encryption key management allows you to achieve any level of protection granularity.
Stay informed of all your data activities provided in a single unified view with real-time analytics on how your data is accessed and handled across your organization, allowing you to audit access policy rules as required.
Ionic Machina mitigates cloud risk and accelerates innovation by integrating with Google Cloud External Key Manager
For organizations previously unable or unwilling to move sensitive data, services, or workloads to the cloud, the combination of Machina and External Key Manager offers:
- Customer-managed trust by introducing Ionic (third party) into the risk model to enforce powerful data access policies
- Simplified and consistent management of your shared responsibility to secure cloud data, services, and workloads
- Effective management of ever-evolving privacy regulations by dynamically handling corporate and industry compliance requirements such as HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, and others
- Realization of cost savings and innovation to the fullest potential by moving your data, services, and workloads to the cloud
Get Started with Leveraging Google Cloud External Key Manager
- Beta is focused on BigQuery and Compute Engine
- Key Justification (currently in alpha) provides rich additional context to Machina for each access request. This further enhances the powerful attribute-based access controls of Machina that are uniquely positioned to leverage these reasons when rendering a policy decision.